Golfers of all abilities are invited to become a part of Lakeside Golf Club’s growing membership. It is the most affordable way to enjoy friendly club competitions as you take your golf to the next level. Our welcoming membership team will assist you every step of the way as you go through the simple process of joining up and submitting your scorecards for your official Golf Australia handicap. We have kept our membership affordable to make sure we remain an inclusive opportunity for all men, women, junior and pensioner golfers to become part of a fun and friendly club.
Lakeside Golf Club Inc. was formed in 1948 and is affiliated with the Victorian Golf League and Golf Victoria. Lakeside Golf Club currently enjoys its Clubhouse facilities on course adjacent to the ProShop and overlooking Albert Park Lake, the golf course and the city skyline. Membership is open to men and women golfers of all ages whether experienced or just beginning.
Benefits of Membership
- Friendly Atmosphere
- Saturday and Mid-Week Competitions
- On-Course Clubhouse Facilities
- Social Events
- Junior Membership – A number of Lakeside Juniors have progressed to become professional golfers
- Low Membership Fees
- Inter-Club Pennant Competitions
- Official Australian Handicaps through GolfLink
- And, the traditional annual Murray River Golfing Weekend
Applying for Membership of Lakeside Golf Club
- Applications must be supported by a Proposer and Seconder who are current members of LGC, who each have at least three years membership with LGC.
- Each Applicant will be required to play 3 rounds in a LGC competition, including one with a Committee member or an experienced club member, and one with their Proposer and/or Seconder.
- Each Applicant will be required to fill in an Application Form, available via the link below.
- If an Applicant does not know a current member, then the Membership Committee will arrange introductions so that steps 1 and 2 can be organised. Please contact the Membership Committee through the President (details above).
- Once steps 1, 2 and 3 have been completed, and the required Joining Fee and Annual Subscription Fee have been paid, an interview will be arranged for the Applicant with the Membership Committee.
- The Membership Committee will then make a recommendation to the LGC Committee (which meets on the last Tuesday of each month).
Download the application form from the above link and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Lakeside Golf Club Inc. at PO Box 6571, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004. Alternatively you can visit us at our clubrooms adjacent to the ProShop at Albert Park Golf Course on Saturday afternoon between noon and 2.30pm. There will be a committee member there to take your application.
|(As of 1 July, 2015)||Joining Fee||Annual Fee||Total Fee|
|Full Adult Member||$250.00||$150.00||$400.00|
(Resides more than 75kms from Melbourne GPO)
(Under 18 yo at 1st July)
(Full time student, under 21 yo at 1st July )
For membership enquiries, please contact Richard Predl on 0420 102 389.